Information Technology Academy
The Information Technology Academy is for the student who wishes to prepare for a career that involves creating, designing, and producing multi-media products and services, including the development of digitally-generated or computer-enhanced media used in business. Organizations of all types and sizes use digital media to communicate with existing and potential customers. Media-support experts can find jobs in organizations doing such work as creating e-business websites.
Special advantages of the program include:
- Students exit the program with marketable job skills and an employment portfolio.
- Students receive individualized counseling and feedback as to their progress in the sequence of courses required to complete a major or program in business technology.
- Students who complete the program are given special recognition at graduation.
- Students are given the opportunity to prepare for and take articulation exams given at Cosumnes River College. Passage of these exams allows students to earn college credit for business technology courses completed at Florin High School.
Students enrolled in this academy must complete a sequence of Career Technical Education courses as well as their core academic courses (e.g., English, mathematics, science, social science, etc.) as one cohort.
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Technology
- Exploring Computer Science
- Web Page Design and Development
- Local Control Accountability Program (LCAP)
- Other Programs
- Programs, Academies and Pathways